Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Bungalow - Week 3

When I got home on Friday evening the guttering had been put on, as well as blue metal on the roof.



Johnno and Tom arrived early this morning. They wrapped the bungalow before installing the sliding door and the windows. Afterwards they started putting on the "weather-boards". These are made of a hard composite material. They are already primed for painting.

The bedroom window is on the left, and the bathroom window is on the completed wall.


The bedroom window is on the left, and the living room window is on the right.

I guess because Dad loved working with wood so much, he instilled a love for wood and wood-work in each of us. Ever since I was young I have wanted a sleigh bed. I found a bedroom suite I really liked, and Mum and I went to the shop yesterday to order it. I am using the rest of the money Auntie Pat left to me to buy it. Last year I bought a Moosie - a Drop Spindle made from Moose Antler with some of the money. It is so cool ...

Mum and I discussed the length of the deck yesterday. In over thirty years of living in the house, Mum has not needed to give anyone access beneath it. Therefore, Mum decided she would prefer the longer deck, which blocks access to the man-hole.

I saw Peter this morning, and let him know that we would go with the longer deck. He told me that the plumber will need access under the house! I said, OK, we will have the shorter deck, as we don't want to make things more difficult for him.

Peter came in later, and said that Johnno reminded him that previously they have made a section of the deck that screwed down instead of being nailed. This is the simplest fix.

Peter told us that the Roofer will be here on Saturday. He said that this time next week, I could do a dance in there. Well, I don't know about dancing, but I might be jumping for joy!

God is so good, and I am so blessed...


No comments: