Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Bungalow - Week 4

Yesterday Johnno and Tom started on the floor, and an electrician put in some of the wiring...

Peter rang last night to ask me to write down where I want the lights and the power-points, so I had to decide how many power-points I need and where to put them.

Today, Johnno and Tom arrived early to finish the floor. I gave them my plan of the electrical fixtures. Johnno asked whether I want telephone wiring and a TV aerial. I said No to both. Our wireless broadband should be OK to use the Laptop out there, and I think three TVs for two people is a little excessive...

Peter rang me at work to discuss my bathroom tap. I had asked for a high tap so I can fill a kettle. He originally priced a standard tap, so wanted to see if I was willing to pay the extra. Yes, I drink a lot of tea, so I want to have the right tap. Apparently, you can pay up to $700 for a tap! Obviously, I won't be.

Peter mentioned that they had installed the new back door. We wanted one with glass as we were losing a window. He very kindly put a handle on it instead of a door-knob, which is easier for Mum to use. Neither of us thought to ask for that, so it was very considerate of him.

The plumber was back. I now have a shower base.

Mum took some photos of the floor and the door ... 

 
 

The door hit me in the eyes as soon as I walked into the lounge! It will be painted, but it made me question my choice of green for the Bungalow...

I took photos of my corner of the Lounge. It will be nice when I have somewhere to put most of this stuff. Of course, it is not all mine. Mum has worked out how she wants to rearrange the room once most of my craft supplies are in the Bungalow.

No comments: