Sunday, June 06, 2010

I Have a Roof!

On Friday, Johnno and Tom were only here for a short time, but they finished the step for the deck and put a privacy screen on top of the fence. Very cool ...

 



When I was checking out the deck, I noticed that I have a shower - well, almost. There is a floor in the bathroom and the pipes for the shower.

The cut-out in the bathroom floor, which will not be tiled, is my linen press. I was going to put a cupboard in the bathroom for my towels and sheets. When I asked Peter to arrange the layout so I could fit it in, he suggested a cupboard with the door in the bedroom. This is a much better idea.
 



Peter the Roofer, came yesterday to have a look at the type of roof, so he would know what he had to do when he came today. It is a four-hipped roof! Of course, this means nothing to me, other than the fact that I will be warm and dry inside ...

Virginia and Glenn picked me up this morning to go to Lifeway Christian Church in Lara, for the ministry and drama presentation from "Operation Ignite". They are a team from "Return Ministries" in Canada, who have a desire to assist Jewish people to return to the Land God gave to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants 4,000 years ago.  

The team consists of three Canadians, two Australian sisters and an Israeli girl, who are currently traveling around Australian churches. Their mission is to "Ignite a Passion for God's Heart for Israel". Their testimonies and the drama were very powerful. It was incredibly moving to see the love of God for both Jew and Gentile portrayed so clearly.

Miriam and her mother, Mrs Buck, were there as well. We caught up with Mark, whom we hadn't seen since our days as Life Centre Youth. He has a couple of lovely daughters, and the oldest is part of the Music Ministry at the Church. She has a great voice. It was so good to talk to him that we didn't leave until 1:00pm. 


When we got back to my house, Peter and his boys were just about to leave, having been there since just after 10:00am...
This shot is through the back window of the bedroom. It was hard to get a clear picture around the other side because of the reflection on the glass.
After lunch, I went to buy some new kitchen chairs. We saw them last Monday when we went shopping, and Mum had had time to consider buying them.

I saw an outdoor white wooden table with four chairs, and decided later in the afternoon to go back to buy it. I also purchased a three-seater bench in the same style. The bench will go at the end of the deck closest to the fence. It is long enough for me be able to read in a reclining position ...

No comments: