Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Bungalow

I am posting the progress of the building of my Bungalow for my family and friends to see. Mum has been very generous in allowing me to take over the back yard.

Will is such a blessing! He has worked so hard preparing the yard for the builders. I helped on Monday and Tuesday, and Adam, and his mate, Chris, came around on Wednesday. They helped Will shift the last of the soil from the garden beds to a new bed behind the garage. They also assisted him with pulling down the last wall of the garden shed. As the rotary clothes-line no longer exists, much to Mum's dismay, we will be having a fold-up line installed where the garden shed used to be.

This is what the backyard looked like on Tuesday afternoon:


Peter, his son, Johnno, and Tom arrived yesterday at 7:30am to put in the stumps.

The yard looked like this at 7:00am today:

Now the yard looks like this:




It looked much smaller when I drew it on graph paper!


This will give me a large Craft Room, with two built-in cupboards with floor to ceiling shelves. I will be able to put away most of my spinning, knitting and sewing supplies in these.

I bought a Horn Sewing Cabinet from a nice lady in Geelong West on ebay. I can put my sewing machine and overlocker in the cabinet and close it all away when it is not in use.

I can also have my spinning wheels [I now have six] set up with different fibres on them and just spin what I feel like when I feel like it...


I will also have a large bedroom with a walk-in-robe, and an ensuite.

The rear window of the lounge room will be converted to a door, and there will be a small deck connecting the bungalow to the house. This will make it more convenient to access.

When Mum looked at the size of the base, she suggested that we swap...

Umm, no, thanks.


No comments: