Saturday, July 31, 2010

It is finished ...

On Friday July 23rd, the Bungalow was finished. Johnno and Tom put the shelves in the cupboards and the walk-in-robe. I was so happy when I got home from work and saw them installed. I rang Peter to thank him and the guys for all of their hard work. The quality of the work is of a very high standard, and I can recommend Peter and his team.

The Building Inspector had come around to check the finished product. Johnno and Tom removed the poles of the old trellis as the Inspector said it looked untidy. They even brought the garbage bin in. They are very considerate and obliging young men, and it has been a pleasure to have them here.





I had washed my new sheets and quilt cover, and was able to put them into the linen press. 

I spent the past week moving some of my craft books, magazines, yarn and fibre from the lounge into the cupboards. I still have a bookcase in the lounge room with my knitting reference books, stitch dictionaries, fibre, yarn and a few drop spindles on it. I am keeping my Majacraft Little Gem spinning wheel inside as well.



The security alarm was fitted on Wednesday. Mum says it works very well... 


Today, my bedroom suite was delivered. It didn't look this big in the store. 

Michael and Will very kindly put the bed together and moved the other furniture in.


I bought a computer workstation last night and Will and Michael set it up for me, as well as bringing in my kitchen dresser, another cabinet and the sewing machine cabinet from the garage. I really appreciate everything they have done for me today. I have a great family...


God is so very good to me, and I am so blessed to have my Bungalow. I prayed that it wouldn't rain, and I have been thanking Jesus all day to have had such a perfect day to move the furniture in.







I have a print of John William Waterhouse's "Lady of Shallot". I love the rhythm of Tennyson's poems. Julie read poetry to Annemarie and I when we were young. This has always been a favourite.

The picture has been in the lounge for a number of years, and I thought it would break up the white wall opposite the bed nicely.


My friend, Michelle and I went to The Wintergarden many years ago, and I bought a lamp with a woman reading a book. It has also been in the lounge, but now is suitably placed as my reading lamp.

I bought the rug in Turkey in 2008. It is natural-coloured wool. 


Mum bought the fabric, and Sherree sewed the cushion-cover for my birthday a number of years ago. It has a mediaeval feel like the painting.
 



I am looking forward to sleeping in my new bed tonight!

 

1 comment:

fleegle said...

I am glad Australia (and Canada) seem to have the same laws. I know China doesn't--a friend told me there was some poor guy who had to live at the Tokyo airport for weeks, because neither China nor Japan would admit him.